Purpose

My fervent prayer is every day I will love Jesus deeper, love His people deeper, and love His calling deeper. Every Day Deeper.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Life-giving, Fear-shattering LOVE

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17 (NIV)


Lord, today has been hard. The waiting is hard and the longing is immense. I want to believe my frail heart can be trusted in Your hands because I know it is foolish to think otherwise. I am silly for not believing it more. You are present aren’t you Lord? Your timing is perfect right? Don’t you know when the rain should fall, when wheat should grow, when my heart is ready for dreams unfulfilled to come to be? I want to draw nearer, drink deeper, dive into this Truth. I want to know, seek, feel you more. You have already showered me with love, You are already my portion- waiting on You should be my joy because that means I am leaning towards You closer. Remind me the waiting is good. Affirm me Father, heal this anxious heart.


Daughter, lean close- do you hear what I am saying? Your heart has been clouded with worry, this is not my wish for you. Remember my words, “Even if He causes suffering, He will show compassion according to His abundant, faithful love.” Sweet one, these words are written for you. These are my offering of comfort , let them warm your  weary bones and let these heal your hurting heart. Abandoned you? Never. I am present with you in Spirit until the day you are united with Me. It is not bad to show weakness, show frustration, it is good because it says to me, “I need you.” I love that you need me Daughter because I love to shower you with life-giving, fear- shattering love. Pour your heart out to Me, do not be afraid to linger in My presence- that is the purpose of it. Have faith my Daughter, I couldn’t ever leave you. I wouldn’t ever want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment